Join our team
We’re always looking for dedicated professionals to join the Zollett team. Locally owned and operated, our focus is not only on friendly and efficient customer service but also on providing a friendly, familial environment for our employees.
Other benefits include:
- Local driving (you’ll be home every night)
- Competitive industry wages
- Modern, well-maintained equipment
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
A Roll Off Driver Class A/B CDL is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck to provide prompt and courteous delivery and removal of large containers. The Roll Off Driver Class A/B CDL is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes pre and post trip inspection reports on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
• Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
• Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Be capable to climb to hook/unhook containers, move items to smooth the load, and to secure tarps
• Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container yard.
• Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
• Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
• Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
• Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
• Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the company to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
• Must meet all qualifications as defined under Department of Transportation regulation 49 CFR 391.41, as verified by a current Motor Vehicle Registration/driver abstract.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays
• Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
• Demonstrate mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to containers and service truck.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid DOT medical card.
• Must not have any DUI’s or OVI’s within the last 5 years or 2 in any 10 year period.
• Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
• No more than 1 moving violations within the last 2 years.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
• Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Two years of prior experience driving heavy trucks.
• Experience in a customer-facing position.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s license.
• Combination endorsement.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Exposure to commercial waste.
• Possible exposure to high traffic conditions and/or tight driving areas.